- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- California’s Online Privacy Protection Act (OPPA)
We live in a time where everyone wants to know how their personal information will be used and stored. Transparency on this builds trust with your clients and customers. And what business doesn’t want to be trusted by those they serve?
So what does your policy need to say?
- What personal information a company collects from customers and other members of the public;
- How it collects such personal information;
- How it stores and protects the information;
- How it uses the information;
- How it may distribute such information; and
- How its customers may access the information collected about them and what choices they have to review, edit/correct, and perhaps delete such information.